Happy July, everyone. I can not believe that it is July already. I feel like this year so far has gone by slow and fast at the same time. I find it so crazy the we are half way through 2019. Anyway, for today post, I thought that I would share with you a simple and festive dessert that you can that bring to party or a low key backyard BBQ . It’s a little twisted on the classic strawberry shortcake.
- 2 lbs of Strawberries
- 2 Cups of Blueberries
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
Whipped Cream Ingredients
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups of Bisquick
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Clean and cut up the strawberries in bite size pieces. Place the cut strawberries and the blueberries into a medium size bowl . Add the 1/2 tablespoon of sugar. Set aside .
- Make the shortcake.(I use the Bisquick recipe) In a mixing bowl combine all ingredients together. Divide mixture and bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees. Then let cool.
- While the shortcakes bake, make your whipped cream . Combine the cream, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together in a chilled mixing bowl. Whip together using a hand mixer until you have peaks the form.
- Cut the shortcake in half . Place a spoonful of whipped cream on the bottom half of the shortcake. Then add lager spoonful of fruit on top of the cream. Place the top of shortcake on top of the fruit. Finish of the with drop of whipped cream, strawberry, blueberry and dusting of power sugar.